TRANSFER OF SOUND RECORDINGS TO CD/DVD
IHSF's experienced staff operate state-of-the-art equipment to digitize all manner of historical sound recordings in order to transfer them to high quality CD's or DVD's.
• Piano rolls, Edison cylinders, 78 rpm phonograph records
• Wire recordings, 45 rpm records, reel-to-reel tapes
• LP 33 rpm records, 16" transcription discs
• 8-track, standard, micro and mini cassette tapes
• One-of-a-kind home recordings of family and/or service members made through the American Red Cross, the USO or YM/WCAs.
TRANSFER SERVICES (BASIC)
• 78rpm, 45rpm phonograph records and compact discs
• LP and 16" transcription records
• All other media, estimates upon request
RESTORATION SERVICES OFFERED
Many of these media need repair. The IHSF experts splice ancient wires and tapes, clean and reconstitute broken phonograph records by playing them, on the highest level of equipment, both forward and backward to capture the unused portions of the sound groove.
Many imperfections (extraneous noise, hiss, scratches, pops or crackles) can be removed or diminished through full, Sound Forge processing and equalizers before the final transfer to CD's or DVD's. You are able to determine the amount of restoration you desire.
RESTORATION AND TRANSFER SERVICES (EXTENSIVE)
• Full restoration through Sound Forge processing
The turn-around time for a serious restoration/transfer process is about 4-6 weeks. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for special cases.
PACKAGING AND SHIPPING INSTRUCTIONS
Shipping sound media is easy. Make a stack of ten discs (or a number of tapes, etc.) and put pieces of good, stiff cardboard on the top and bottom of the stack. Tape the pieces of cardboard together with the media in-between to form a tight bundle. Tape bundles together for the chosen sturdy box, while allowing space for encasing the bundles with lots of bubble-wrap. Surround the bubble-wrap with crumpled newspaper to make sure that it doesn't shift around in the box, and seal up the box with strong shipping tape. Label the box as "fragile - sound recordings," so that it can be posted at the Media Mail postage rate. Make sure to insure the box and mail to: