As a supporter of IHSF you can make a significant contribution to historical research. Through your involvement, you have an opportunity to work with experienced colleagues to further the Institute's archival mission. Participation can take many forms:
GIFTS IN KIND
( Your donations to IHSF may be tax deductible.)
• Paper goods: Diaries, correspondence, transcripts, brochures, posters, maps, etc.
• Photographic images: Negatives, prints, slides, movies, postcards, etc.
• Sound recordings: Wax cylinders, wire and tape reels, phonograph records, cassettes, CDs and DVDs.
• Monetary assistance, to facilitate the processing of a gift, should be seriously considered by any contributor.
• Financial support is crucial to the survival of IHSF. The Foundation does not accept government-related funds and, consequently, is totally dependent upon private donations.
• Gifts of cash, stocks, real-estate and re-saleable goods underwrite the Endowment, expand the archival facility, fund research projects, process collections and support publications.
• Meaningful Naming Opportunities are available to recognize significant gifts.
• Type hand-written documents, transcribe sound interviews, edit documents for publication, sort paper-film-record collections, compile data bases for inventory indices and finding aids.
Donate to IHSF
Financial support is crucial to the survival of IHSF. The Foundation does not accept government-related funds and, consequently, is totally dependent upon private donations. Gifts of cash, stocks, real-estate and re-saleable goods underwrite the Endowment, expand the archival facility, fund research projects, process collections and support publications. Your donation can make a significant contribution to historical research and your gift is tax-deductible.
The Institute relies on a cadre of skilled and dedicated volunteers to perform all manner of archival activities. These may include building databases of collections, digitizing images for our website, typing transcriptions, providing IT support and assisting with general maintenance.
However, a significant amount of operating expenses are incured to maintain the archive in its current state. These include utilities (electric, water, gas, telephone, internet service), insurance, building maintenance and repairs and office/computer supplies. While we do perform some ancillary services that generate some income, these fall far short of the total annual operating expenses. In fact, they only cover approximately one third of the total annual expense budget. It is through the generous donations of our many supporters and benefactors that the Institute can realize its vision and mission.
DONATE BY PHONE
To donate to The Institute of Historical Survey Foundation by phone, call 1.575.525.3035. A representative will be available to take your call Monday - Thursday (8:30 am - 4:30 pm), Friday (8:30 am - 12:00 pm).
DONATE BY MAIL
To donate by mail, simply print the form from the link below, and mail the completed donor form with your check to this address: